Looking for COVID treatment in New Braunfels? We offer Remdesivir infusions; the only FDA-approved therapy for outpatient treatment of COVID. We also offer PCR COVID testing, with results in 30 minutes.
January 21, 2022 – Received FDA Approval for treatment of outpatients with Covid and clinical risks for progression to severe disease.
Remdesivir (Veklury) is designed for treating RNA-based viruses that maintain global pandemic potential (Ebola, SARS, MERS).
Remdesivir is the only FDA-approved treatment (taken 3 consecutive days via IV) that reduces hospitalization by 87%.
How does it work?
An infusion that lasts 30-120 minutes on day 1, 2, and 3. Labs are checked daily before administration and observed 1 hour following infusion.
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Age ≥ 18 years with at least 1 pre-existing risk factor for progression to hospitalization
- chronic lung disease
- cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease
- obesity (body mass index ≥ 30)
- chronic mild or moderate kidney disease
- chronic liver disease
- current cancer
- sickle cell disease
- Or aged ≥ 60 years
- Positive test for COVID
- ≥ 1 symptom(s) of COVID-19 for ≤ 7 days
Not currently requiring hospitalization