We offer so many outstanding services, it’s hard to know what they’re all for. That’s why we’re giving a rundown of our imaging services—what they are and when you might need them.
Medical imaging is a process in which an image is captured of the body’s interior for further medical analysis. Imaging delivers a visual representation of the function of organs, tissues, bones, etc., and is a vital tool in diagnosing diseases and detecting health issues. Short and sweet, imaging helps paint a clearer picture of what’s going on inside the body.
Types of Imaging
Our imaging services consist of the following:
- X-rays: X-rays are a form of electromagnetic radiation that passes through objects to produce a black and white image of internal tissues, bones, and organs.
- CT Scan: A computerized tomography scan combines multiple X-ray images taken from different angles and uses computer processing to produce a detailed, 3D image.
- Ultrasound: An Ultrasound, or sonography, uses a device and high-frequency sound waves to show images on a screen of the inside of your body.
When do you need imaging?
Your doctor can determine if the symptoms you’re experiencing require further review with medical imaging.
Here are five common reasons patients get X-Rays, CT Scans, and Ultrasounds.
- Bone injuries
- Pneumonia or lung issues
- Dental problems
- Joint changes and arthritis
- Abdominal problems
- Head or brain injuries
- Chronic pain
- Soft tissue damage
- Pregnancy/viewing the uterus or ovaries
- Joint inflammation
- Thyroid gland issues
- Breast lump
- Gallbladder problems
Along with the health issues mentioned above, please call your healthcare provider or visit our hospital if you experience any of the following red flags, as you may need immediate medical imaging:
- Unexplainable weight loss
- Fever that worsens or doesn’t go away
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Abnormal reflexes or loss of muscle power/feeling
We are always available 24/7, 365 days a year, for all your emergent needs. Our staff of highly trained doctors, nurses, and technicians provide the care you need with the compassion you deserve.
Disclaimer: As a service to our readers, New Braunfels ER & Hospital and Nutex Health state no content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinicians.